We do this through our non-profit partner, Eden Reforestation Projects, who help to revive & recover deforested areas throughout some of the poorest parts of the world.
We plant primarily in Mozambique and Madagascar, where tree planting not only benefits the local ecosystem but provides paid, stable employment to people living on less than $1 a day in some of the worlds poorest communities.
Here's how our tree planting process works
- Our charity partners liaise with villages in the area that are committed to restoring their forests.
- They then hire and train local villagers to plant new trees.
- They plant native tree species.
- The villages protect their new forests because they have a vested interest in them - they provide a stable income source.
- Local villagers are then hired to manage the tree nurseries and planting sites, giving a consistent income and ensuring lush, healthy forests flourish in these areas once again.