By now you’ve probably noticed the “Forward Saving” counter in your PPC Protect dashboard - but what exactly does it mean, and how do we arrive at that number?
What Is The “Forward Saving” Counter?
This shows how much money PPC Protect has saved you in future prevented invalid activity over the next 12 months from your click data associated with the date range in question.
If we take the image above as an example, we see a forward saving of $614 for the month in question. That means that the invalid activity PPC Protect has prevented this month would have cost you $614 over the next 12 months if it hadn't been blocked 😱.
Or, to put it in simple terms, your budgets are now $614 better off over the next year thanks to using PPC Protect this month 💪.
How Is This Calculated?:
This can get quite complex, so bear with us (or contact us with any questions you have after reading this!). We aim to provide you with the most accurate saved value possible so you can measure ROI - here’s how we do it:
- When a click is detected to be invalid and excluded, the cost of that click has not been saved - because the click has already occurred!
- We then analyse that click in detail, taking into account over 225 factors, paying particular attention to:
- IP address
- User agent
- The keyword the invalid activity occurred on
- We use this analysis, coupled with data from our ever-growing invalid activity database and a range of 3rd party tools and datasets, to determine how often this IP would have clicked on your ads had it not been detected and blocked. This also takes into account the invalid traffic rates in your industry and in your country over the past 30 days, giving the most up to date estimate possible.
- Once we have determined how often this user would have clicked had they not been blocked, we multiply that value by the CPC of the keyword that the invalid IP was clicking. For example, if a user fraudulently clicked for the keyword “click fraud protection” at a CPC of $3, and this user would have clicked 4 times, then we arrive at a saving of $12.
- Whilst this is an estimation, the saved figure is currently calculated with a 90% confidence rating. We are continually improving this and as our database of invalid activity continues to grow, so does our ability to accurately measure the amount saved.